Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fall-ing in Love with the Season

Since we kicked off our seasonal focus here at, "The Big Fat Lie" I have been carving out more time to go on walks to connect with the natural world around me. It's been regenerative for my soul. I'm always sure to have my trusty camera in tow to capture the images of autumn emerging. I wanted to share these pictures with all of you. Feel free to click on the thumbnails for an enlarged view. Some of the images are really striking.

These are photos taken of my yard. As we travel through the seasons I am going to chronicle the changes in my garden photographically...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I love taking in the changing beauty of the neighborhood gardens. My mom and I used to go on evening walks together to admire the neighbor's yards throughout the year. I always enjoyed watching them change with the seasons. It's almost as if four times a year you get to see a completely different garden. They go through quite a transformation. I still enjoy strolling through the neighborhoods and taking in the beautiful yards. These photos are from one of my recent garden tours...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A wise hawk kept a watchful eye on me as he posed so patiently for this shot...

Photobucket

It's wonderful to see the bees have returned. They were scarce for awhile...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm very blessed to live just down the street from Ragle Ranch State Park. It is a place of tranquility. There are some peaceful trails to wander. I like to get lost in the natural wonder of it all...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Along the way, snake decided to pay me a visit in his autumn best...

Photobucket

Butterfly also appeared...

Photobucket

I'm really going to enjoy capturing the seasons as they flow one into the next. Nature is such a precious gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment