Thursday, September 2, 2010

Big Changes in Store for the "Big Fat Lie"

As some of you may know, I went on retreat for the month of August. There's a lot of shift happening and the landscape of my life is starting to look very different. I know I'm not the only person feeling the call of new roads. Everyone I talk to from dear friends, to strangers I chat up in line at the grocery store seem to be caught up in the spin cycle of change.

Sometimes, in order to allow the new to enter it is necessary to release the old. Call it creating some breathing room for the new. At the very least, redefinition is usually in order. I'm experiencing this right now with a great deal of my online projects. These changes will affect "The Big Fat Lie".

Unfortunately, the majority of participants in this project have fallen away. So much so, that it's not really much of a project anymore. At least, not in the way it was intended. Initially, this bummed me out because I put a whole lot of myself into "The Big Fat Lie". During my time away, my perspective has shifted. Change can be a very, very good thing. It often is essential and rather than resist the inevitable, I have decided to open myself to new possibilities that can emerge from this work.

I'm not quite sure what that will look like in this moment. I want to give some time for a new vision to emerge. At this point, there is no longer an intuitive eating project. I've appreciated each person that expressed a desire to be involved and contributed what they were able to. I thank you for your time and participation.

Whole foods, sustainability, and heaping a whole lot of love on this planet of ours is still very important to me. I want to continue to write on such topics and keep a blog going that offers informative resources for people looking to care for their bodies while also extending that care to the earth. I may keep this blog and have it go through some alterations to reflect the changes I am experiencing. I may start a new blog all together that is in alignment with the fresh direction that has emerged for me. I need some time to sit with it, feel out what's the best fit for me and how I want to share my voice in the world.

From this point forward, there will be no more monthly focuses. Last month wrapped up a solid year of monthly editions. The previous focuses continue to be available through the archived postings. They are there for you to dust off and revisit if you feel moved to do so.

For now, I'm going to continue to take some time to figure out my next step. I will be sure to post my decision as soon as I have reached that point of clarity. A big thank you to all of you who have visited this blog and shared the energy of this vision. It's time for a new vision to be born.

7 comments:

  1. Shannon, bless your soul. You have put so much of yourself into this project for so long, it's no wonder the direction may be shifting. From my viewpoint you have been an inspiration and guru to many of us and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the loving advice you have so freely bestowed. Bless you in your next cycle, may you find the next step with clarity and believe that you will have continued interest of at least one part to see what comes next! Blessings, Joy2Bme (Abigail)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring! I just stumbled upon your blog while working on my own blog. http://back2basichealth.blogspot.com/

    Your site looks great. How is your project going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In The Beverly Hills full mouth reconstruction is a series of procedures that is designed to completely rebuild and restore your smile. Great blogs share great information about health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice sharing, please consider posting something about a Holiday to Vietnam

    Or simply share out blog posts

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete