- Today, I will try to feed myself when I am hungry.
- Today, I will try to be attentive to how foods taste and make me feel.
- Today, I will choose foods that I like and that make me feel good.
- Today, I will try to honor my body's signals of fullness.
- Today, I will try to find an enjoyable way to move my body.
- Today, I will try to look kindly at my body and to treat it with love and respect.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Shannon's Self-Care Pledge
From this moment forward I am dedicating myself to my personal mission of starting a self-love revolution. I have taken a brazen step in this direction by surrendering all goals of changing the physical appearance of my body. I choose instead to embrace my present figure with all its soft padding, fleshly curves and abundance. By doing so, I am not throwing in the towel but moving into my power by reclaiming the sacredness of my body. My health and well-being are not dependent on my body size. I know that 'Health at Every Size' is a reality and I claim this gift for myself now.
I have taken the, "Live Well Pledge" from, "Health at Every Size", By, Linda Bacon, PhD. By signing this contract of intention I commit to the following practice each and every day of my life...
I reclaim my beauty in its plentifulness and my value as a woman who has more to offer the world than her physical appearance. I am more than a body. I am a being. Like a cornucopia overflowing with the bounty of the harvest, so is my feminine form. By embracing my present body I awaken my receptivity to the healing energy seeking to find me. My path to wholeness opens before me as I move surely toward this sacred space now.